Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Is Almost Here!

Well it's that time of year again when the colors change, weather cools down and the cute ghouls and gremlins come looking for free candy. I was going through some photos I took last fall and thought they would be super to post for Halloween. The grave yard picture I took in Galveston,TX last August during our annual summer trip to the island city. I inverted the color of the picture in the Microsoft paint program to give it that spooky feel.

The grave yard was actually quit a unique place to tour. Some of the graves there dated back to as far as 1836 when Galveston was founded. While we were visiting Galveston we also took the haunted tour not only was it fun, but it was full of history. If you ever get a chance to visit I recommend you take the tour.






Then the next picture I found was the pumpkin I carved. That's right its a Dachshund! I just love how well the carving came out on it. I just wish I was able to get a better photo of it.



Here is what it looked like at night all lit up. The Kids just loved it. The back side of this pumpkin had paw prints cut out of it and when you lit it up the paw prints would glow against the back of any wall it was sitting near.
I hope this inspires everyone to go get a pumpkin and try their hand at carving, it is so fun and there are tons of free patterns you can get from the Internet. I got this pattern at http://www.pumpkinlady.com/ go visit her site and you will be so amazed. Hope you all have a great week.

1 comment:

Cathy... said...

I LOVE the dachsie jack-o-lantern!!